|Warning: This web page is maintained by a small number of volunteers, so this page may contain old or incorrect information. If the information on this web page does not work or does not make sense, please visit the main NeoOffice website or the NeoOffice online support forums for the most current information.|
A “Support FAQ” for NeoOffice
 English Support
Because NeoOffice is a port of OpenOffice.org for Mac OS X, the majority of questions concerning the use of NeoOffice may be resolved by consulting English support sites for OpenOffice.org. (Note that NeoOffice 3.0.x is based on the OpenOffice.org 3.0.x codebase.) A list of user guides, support sites, and other resources for NeoOffice and OpenOffice.org can be found on the Documentation and Related Resources page.
For any queries specifically relating to NeoOffice rather than to OpenOffice.org (generally areas where NeoOffice interacts with Mac OS X, e.g. printing), follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest patch
- Refer first to the NeoWiki; type a keyword or keywords into the search box to find pages related to your issue.
- Check out the Troubleshooting Tips page of the wiki.
- Refer to one or more of the NeoOffice specific resources on the Documentation and Related Resources page of the wiki.
- Search the trinity fora for key words or phrases in your question; many questions have already been answered, sometimes several times over, and can be found with a quick search of the "NeoOffice Support" forum.
- If you still can't find the answer to your question after exhausting all other resources and you are a NeoOffice contributor, by all means ask your question in the NeoOffice Support forum on trinity. The forum language is English, but there are on a regular basis French- and Dutch-speaking users who may be able to help with problems of translation.
 Installing NeoOffice
- When double-clicking on the .dmg file, there is an error about "No mountable file systems"
- When running the NeoOffice installer, the "test" returns with "NeoOffice can not be installed on this computer."
- Installation stalls when it gets to the "Select Destination" screen
- Installation fails with a "generic" error message
- Why does the NeoOffice installer request my administrator password?
- The patch installation fails with a "generic" error message
- The patch installer refuses to start the installation
- How do I know when a new patch is available?
 First Launch
 General Troubleshooting
- NeoOffice crashes randomly
- Problems with the menus or menu bar
- Crashing in the font dropdown
- Common causes of slow or lackluster performance
- A patch does not appear to fix a bug it claims to fix
- Preferences don't seem to stick
- Certain keyboard shortcuts do not work
- Other Known Issues with NeoOffice
 How Do I...?
Note that most questions about usage of NeoOffice are best directed toward general OpenOffice.org support resources, where there is a greater chance of a receiving a quick and correct answer. The NeoWiki and trinity fora are focused on NeoOffice- and Mac-specific tips and issues (i.e., where things interact with Mac OS X).
- How do I determine what language is used for the user interface?
- How do I enable dictionaries for additional languages?
- How do I customize keyboard shortcuts to be more Mac-like?
- How do I set NeoOffice to be the default application to open certain file types?
- Can NeoOffice open AppleWorks documents?
 Other Useful Information
- Reporting Problems with NeoOffice
- Questions and answers about Aquafication or the technical side of NeoOffice
- How do I get rid of NeoOffice?
If you've found these support resources helpful, please consider making a payment to support the continued development of NeoOffice.