|Warning: This web page is maintained by a small number of volunteers, so this page may contain old or incorrect information. If the information on this web page does not work or does not make sense, please visit the main NeoOffice website or the NeoOffice online support forums for the most current information.|
NeoOffice 3.4.1 Release Notes
 Current Version
NeoOffice 3.4.1 requires an Intel Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher, including Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Some Aqua features will appear differently depending on your version of Mac OS X.
(NeoOffice 3.3 is still available for users with Intel Macs running 10.6.8 to 10.8.5; NeoOffice 3.3 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.)
You can find the MD5SUMs for current NeoOffice downloads (main binary, language packs, and patches) on the NeoOffice MD5 Checksums page.
If you want to receive announcements whenever a patch or new release of NeoOffice is available, there are several options available:
- NeoOffice has built-in update checking, which by default checks for updates once a week.
- Trinity users can sign up for email notifications of any release or patch announcements posted in this topic by clicking on this link.
- If you prefer feeds to email, you can subscribe to our patch and release announcements RSS feed by clicking on this RSS feed using your web browser or feed aggregator.
- Twitter users can also follow NeoOffice on Twitter for patch and release announcements.
 Current Patch
3.4.1 Patch-6 is now available. The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- NeoOffice will now automatically check for grammar errors in Writer documents using the Mac OS X grammar checker when spellchecking, and users no longer need to install an OpenOffice grammar checking extension. An overview of this new feature is available in this NeoWiki article.
Note: 3.4.1 Patch-6 requires a full installation of NeoOffice 3.4.1 and will not install on any version of NeoOffice 3.3 or NeoOffice 3.4.1 Beta. Patch-6 includes all fixes and additions of previous patches.
 Older Patches
3.4.1 Patch-5: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Saving a document is no longer several times slower than normal when saving immediately after trying to quit NeoOffice.
- NeoOffice will no longer hang after selecting the File :: Browse All Versions menu when running on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
3.4.1 Patch-4: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- NeoOffice no longer uses obsolete Mac OS X functions to prevent computer sleep during a slideshow.
3.4.1 Patch-3: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a problem where playing videos in a document would sometimes cause NeoOffice to crash.
- Fixed an issue where exporting as PDF would cause NeoOffice to display the wrong name in the document's titlebar.
3.4.1 Patch-2: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- NeoOffice no longer sets the document name to "Untitled" in the document window's titlebar during autosaving.
- Fixed an issue where NeoOffice would sometimes display an error dialog after saving when the user moved or renamed the document while it was open
- NeoOffice will no longer insert an empty line or row after each line or row of data when pasting text that has Windows style line breaks.
3.4.1 Patch-1: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a bug that could cause scrolling to be slow when swiping on the trackpad.
- Fixed the following potential crashes or hangs:
- NeoOffice would occasionally hang when dragging an image within a particular Writer document.
- NeoOffice would crash when pressing an arrow key in an empty field in Base's query design.
- NeoOffice would crash when opening a particular Writer file with comments.
- NeoOffice would crash when opening a particular .svg image file with gradients.
- Fixed a problem where NeoOffice would create two duplicate versions instead of one version in the Mac OS X Versions browser each time a document was saved.
- Fixed a bug where NeoOffice would display an uncloseable window if the document window was closed while in the Mac OS X Versions browser.
- Fixed an issue where NeoOffice would sometimes display a blank popover window when clicking on the downward arrow icon next to the document name in a document window's titlebar while running on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
NeoOffice 3.4.1 includes all of the fixes previously available in NeoOffice 3.4 but requires a new, full download.
Below is a list of the bugs in NeoOffice 3.4 that we fixed in NeoOffice 3.4.1:
- Opening certain .docx and .pptx documents could cause NeoOffice to crash.
- Changing any NeoOffice Writer Print Settings in the Options dialog would disable printing of word processing documents.
- Zooming using the trackpad would cause the current document to zoom in and out too rapidly.
 New Features in NeoOffice 3.4.1
NeoOffice 3.4.1 fixes several bugs found in NeoOffice 3.4.
 Archived Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.4 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.3 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.3 Beta 2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.3 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2.1 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta (Early Access) Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.6 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.5 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.4 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.3 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta Release Notes