|Warning: This web page is maintained by a small number of volunteers, so this page may contain old or incorrect information. If the information on this web page does not work or does not make sense, please visit the main NeoOffice website or the NeoOffice online support forums for the most current information.|
NeoOffice 3.3 Release Notes
 Current Version
NeoOffice 3.3 requires an Intel Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher. Some Aqua features will appear differently depending on your version of Mac OS X.
(NeoOffice 3.2.1 is still available for users with Intel Macs running Mac OS X 10.5.8 to Mac OS X 10.7.4 [without a Retina display].)
You can find the MD5SUMs for current NeoOffice downloads (main binary, language packs, and patches) on the NeoOffice MD5 Checksums page.
If you want to receive announcements whenever a patch or new release of NeoOffice is available, there are several options available:
- NeoOffice has built-in update checking, which by default checks for updates once a week.
- Trinity users can sign up for email notifications of any release or patch announcements posted in this topic by clicking on this link.
- If you prefer feeds to email, you can subscribe to our patch and release announcements RSS feed by clicking on this RSS feed using your web browser or feed aggregator.
- Twitter users can also follow NeoOffice on Twitter for patch and release announcements.
 Current Patch
3.3 Patch-6 is now available. The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening
.docxfiles with a specific set of formatting attributes.
- Fixed a possible crash when zooming a document.
- Fixed an issue that moved NeoOffice's backmost window to the front when scrolling using the mouse wheel while another application is active.
- Added the ability to open LibreOffice password protected files.
Note: 3.3 Patch-6 requires a full installation of NeoOffice 3.3 and will not install on any version of NeoOffice 3.2 or NeoOffice 3.3 Beta. Patch-6 includes all fixes and additions of previous patches.
 Older Patches
3.3 Patch-5: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a problem preventing NeoOffice from launching when the user's home folder is on a remote volume.
- Improved the display of
.docxfiles with tables so that NeoOffice no longer missizes table cells that span multiple rows or columns.
- Implemented new features requested by NeoOffice users:
- The status bar now displays the word count for Writer documents.
- Open color palettes now show the appropriate text, highlight, or background color for the current selection.
3.3 Patch-4: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a problem where the NeoOffice menus in the menubar would become unresponsive in certain cases.
- Printing certain documents that contained linked images should no longer cause NeoOffice to hang or crash.
- Resolved an issue where highlighting tables with certain Writer documents would cause NeoOffice to become unresponsive for a few seconds.
- Fixed a problem where certain scanners would cause NeoOffice to crash when the dialog that lists connected camera and scanners was displayed
- Improved the contour wrapping code in Writer so that portions of certain images will no longer be clipped.
- Toolbars are visible and are no longer automatically hidden when in Full-Screen mode.
- Cell pasting options in Calc‘s “Paste Special” dialogue are now preserved after relaunch.
- The maximum number of rows that autocompletion searches through in Calc spreadsheets has been increased from 200 to 16,384 rows.
3.3 Patch-3: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- NeoOffice no longer ignores the “new paragraph” and “new line” commands when using the Apple Dictation service in Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Fixed a bug where NeoOffice would sometimes show the first slide as a blank black screen when running a slideshow in Impress.
- Corrected the drawing of gradient backgrounds so they no longer would be drawn with jagged edges or with diagonal lines superimposed on the gradient when running a slideshow, printing, or exporting to PDF.
- Fixed a possible crash when trying to quit while a large document was being saved.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening certain
- Resolved a problem where NeoOffice would occasionally hang when quitting.
3.3 Patch-2: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Selecting NeoOffice’s “Paste Image from Camera or Scanner” menu item on Mac OS X 10.8 will no longer cause a crash.
- The new Mac OS X 10.8 dictation feature now works in NeoOffice.
- Pasting text into a Calc cell when the current cell is in edit mode will no longer possibly cause a crash.
- NeoOffice no longer displays measurements using the incorrect units when the Paragraph dialog is displayed using a custom Writer toolbar button.
3.3 Patch-1: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixed a memory leak that could cause NeoOffice to run out of memory and crash after periods of prolonged usage.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain types of OpenType fonts to not appear in PDF files created using NeoOffice’s “Export as PDF” feature.
 New Features in NeoOffice 3.3
If you have not downloaded a release of NeoOffice since version 3.2, there are several new features in NeoOffice 3.3. Some of the most significant include:
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Gatekeeper
- High resolution text drawing on Retina displays
- New Cocoa code replaces Java, which is no longer required for core functionality
- Improved startup and printing speed
- English, French, German, and Italian language packs included in the default install
 Archived Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.3 Beta 2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.3 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2.1 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.2 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.1.1 Beta (Early Access) Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.2 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access 2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 3.0 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.6 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.5 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.4 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.3 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.2.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.1 Early Access Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 2.0 Alpha Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Beta Release Notes
- NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Release Candidate Release Notes
- NeoOffice/J 1.1 Beta Release Notes