NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha Release Notes
 Archived Release Notes for NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha
To download the the latest version of NeoOffice, visit the NeoOffice Downloads page.
 Patches for NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha
1.2 Beta Patch-0: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixes a few printing bugs reported against 1.2 Alpha.
- Turns a NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha installation into NeoOffice 1.2 Beta.
1.2 Alpha Patch-7: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- If the patch installer cannot find a NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha installation within your /Applications folder, it will now look in your ~/Library/Preferences/NeoOffice-1.x folder to try to locate your installation.
- Fixed a few more cases of the "libzip.jnilib not found" Java crashes.
- Fixed full-width justification of Arabic text when NeoOffice uses its "font fallback" mechanism to render Arabic text.
1.2 Alpha Patch-6: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Enhanced the code that updates the NeoOffice configuration files if you have moved your NeoOffice installation.
- Fixed the bug that caused NeoOffice to crash when selecting the Insert -> Indexes and Tables -> Entry menu item in a Writer document.
- Enhanced multiple monitor support to handle configurations where the main monitor is not the topmost or leftmost monitor.
1.2 Alpha Patch-5: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Updated import filters for WordPerfect files.
- Updated dictionary installation support for installing dictionaries using the File -> AutoPilot -> Install new dictionaries menu item.
1.2 Alpha Patch-4: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- The scale can now be set in the native Printer Settings dialog.
- When using multiple monitors, the splash screen will now appear on the screen with the menubar instead of the left-most screen.
- Characters created by pressing certain "dead keys" on some keyboards are now properly highlighted.
1.2 Alpha Patch-3: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Certain fonts were incorrectly saved when using NeoOffice's "Export As PDF" feature
- NeoOffice would crash if certain incompatible Java extensions were installed in the ~/Library/Java/Extensions or /Library/Java/Extensions folders
- NeoOffice would ignore any AppleEvents it was sent while a dialogue was displayed
1.2 Alpha Patch-2: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixes a bug where modal dialogues might appear off-screen
- Fixes a bug where certain UI elements would appear in the wrong place after resizing a window
- Worked around possible problems with the Mac OS X pax command
1.2 Alpha Patch-1: The new changes included in this patch are listed below:
- Fixes a bug where pathnames in preferences were not updated (could cause I/O, script, or BASIC error messages, failing to save, etc.)
 New Features in NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha
If you have not downloaded a release of NeoOffice since version 1.1, there are dozens of new features in NeoOffice 1.2 Alpha. Some of the most significant include:
- Decreased memory and CPU usage
- Reduced time before the splash screen appears
- Improved performance in some areas, especially drawing
- Uses Java 1.4.2
- Ability to print embedded EPS files
- Numerous printing fixes
- Improved support for international keyboard layouts
- Font-handling improvements
- Enhanced copy and paste support
- Improved compatibility with voice dictation software (iListen, ViaVoice)
- Support for OpenOffice.org accessibility features
- Based on OpenOffice.org 1.1.5 codebase
- Support for reading OpenDocument (aka OpenOffice.org 2.0) file formats
- Spotlight support for OpenDocument formats via NeoLight 1.1
- Requires Mac OS X 10.3 or newer
- Due to our limited resources and the bugginess of Java 1.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.x, we are no longer able to support Mac OS X 10.2